The Aardvark

We are the Aardvark, goo goo g'joob.

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics
» Here's what I think...
Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty11/19/2011, 7:41 pm by topher_j

» Additional emots?
Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty5/1/2011, 7:49 pm by Guest

» Hey!!!! Just wondering
Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty6/1/2010, 5:40 am by M_R_Wiley

» A teeny tiny rant
Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty3/20/2010, 4:00 am by Nutmeg1992

» Fun with the Walking Dead
Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty3/2/2010, 11:24 am by FarmWife

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 116 on 7/2/2019, 10:30 pm
September 2019
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar

Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking digg  Social bookmarking delicious  Social bookmarking reddit  Social bookmarking stumbleupon  Social bookmarking slashdot  Social bookmarking yahoo  Social bookmarking google  Social bookmarking blogmarks  Social bookmarking live      

Bookmark and share the address of The Aardvark on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The Aardvark on your social bookmarking website


You are not connected. Please login or register

Because cosplay had to happen here.

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Because cosplay had to happen here. on 10/15/2008, 2:15 am

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Do you know how long it's been since I cosplayed? Do you know how long it's been since I've had a cosplay project? Almost 2 years for the latter.

Too many ideas. No money or time for follow-through. I am emo panda.

What's something relatively easy I could concoct just to pacify the raging cosplay demons within?

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
So, yeah. Eriya and Naria from the Escaflowne movie. G-chan and I are doing it. And competing. Who's gonna be in the audience?! ^_^

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Necro!

Who's doing what cosplay next year at MTAC?

I'm doing:

Eriya & Naria from Escaflowne the Movie with G-chan
Because cosplay had to happen here. Screenshot_345

Mia Fey from Phoenix Wright
Because cosplay had to happen here. OA-Mia

Sally Po from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing for the Gundam photoshoot with G-chan
Because cosplay had to happen here. _sally

Lead Crow from Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars for the Sailor Moon photoshoot. I hear it's gonna be epic! I might also compete with this costume.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Leadcrow

Who else? Share pix too!

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

topher_j

topher_j
aardvark addict
Those costume choices are awesome. But mine would be also, if I pulled it off. What is it, you ask? VOLTRON'S LEFT FOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! king Picture to come later. When I get one.

View user profile

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
You really ought to! The mecha costumes always are a crowd favorite. Even the cardboard ones! Those even win awards (wtf).

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Calling all cosplayers! (Even the n00bs or wannabes):

Looking to assemble a complete Fruits Basket group for MTAC 11. Quite a ways away! Ideally, I'm looking for a group total of 17, but considering some of the characters are quite young/obscure to non-manga readers, I'd like at least 8.

So, google Fruits Basket, check out some images, read the manga, watch the series--consider this! We'd have a blast! And, if we're good enough, we could enter the group cosplay contest. Yay!

Total character list, minimum 8 in bold:

Tohru Honda
Because cosplay had to happen here. Tooru_char
Saki Hanajima (Hana-chan)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Hana_char
Arisa Uotani (Uo-chan, Yankee)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Uo_char
Yuki Sohma (y. Rat)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Yuki_char
Kyou Sohma (y. Cat)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Kyou_char
Shigure Sohma (y. Dog)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Shigure_char
Hatori Sohma (y. Dragon)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Hatori_char
Ayame Sohma (y. Snake)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Ayame_char
Momiji Sohma (y. Rabbit)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Momiji_char
Hiro Sohma (y. Ram/Sheep)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Hiro_char
Kisa Sohma (y. Tiger)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Kisa_char
Hatsuharu Sohma (y. Ox/Cow)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Haru_char
Rin Sohma (Isuzu; y. Horse)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Rin_char
Kagura Sohma (y. Boar/Pig)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Kagura_char
Ritsu Sohma (Ritchan-san; y. Monkey)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Ritsu_char
Kureno Sohma (y. Rooster/Bird)
Because cosplay had to happen here. Kureno_char
Akito Sohma
Because cosplay had to happen here. Akito_char

I've got a while to assemble this, so if you think you're interested, let me know! I'll also be asking around the Nashville Cosplay Club and some other sources, too, so don't feel obligated. ^_^



Last edited by therish on 7/29/2009, 8:06 pm; edited 9 times in total

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
I think I could honestly pull off a good shigure. after all not only was I born in the year of the dog but he and I share some very important character views. ((High school girls, high school girls, all for me, high school girls)) lmao.

View user profile

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
lol! If you're sincerely interested and committed to it, let me know! I think you could pull off Shigure (and my god, the costume is so simple!). Are you secure enough in your manhood that you could walk around in public wearing a kimono?

lmao HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS! I love Shigure. He cracks me up. Great character, but much deeper in the manga... o.O

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

Nutmeg1992

Nutmeg1992
Modular
therish wrote:Necro!

Who's doing what cosplay next year at MTAC?

I'm doing:

Lead Crow from Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars for the Sailor Moon photoshoot. I hear it's gonna be epic! I might also compete with this costume.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Leadcrow

Who else? Share pix too!

Dude, I keep forgetting to give you this damn thing! I found it YEAAARS Ago, On Some Sailor Moon Website that's LOOOONG Gone by now, but I think at that time you were talking about Lead Crow, And that's why I saved it.

Because cosplay had to happen here. Sailorleadcrow3jpg

It's Art of the Characters Costume design, I thought it would come in real Handy when you go to work on your Costumes, Here's One for G-Chan's Too:

Because cosplay had to happen here. Sailorstarfishjpg


_________________
WARNING! I'M the ONE and ONLY Catgirl.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Megnutmegsig-1
So don't mess with this kitty, Fother Muckers!
View user profile http://gorillaz-23.darkbb.com/

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
therish wrote:lol! If you're sincerely interested and committed to it, let me know! I think you could pull off Shigure (and my god, the costume is so simple!). Are you secure enough in your manhood that you could walk around in public wearing a kimono?

lmao HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS! I love Shigure. He cracks me up. Great character, but much deeper in the manga... o.O
Yes but it is a very Manly Kimono. by the way the best place to go for cosplay outfits is http://www.cosplaymagic.com/ For 2010 Mtac I am considering going as Byakuya Kuchiki. And I am currently looking around that site and what do I find? A Shigure Cosplay ready to go. for $180. lol

View user profile

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Nutmeg, you are my hero!!! Arigatou!!!!

M_R_Wiley wrote:Yes but it is a very Manly Kimono. by the way the best place to go for cosplay outfits is http://www.cosplaymagic.com/ For 2010 Mtac I am considering going as Byakuya Kuchiki. And I am currently looking around that site and what do I find? A Shigure Cosplay ready to go. for $180. lol

Oh, Wiley, Wiley, Wiley.... You have much to learn about cosplay. ^_^;; I checked out the Shigure costume, and I must admit, it is very well constructed. It looks damn good, in fact. But the price?! That is a cosplay that can be made for less than half that price. I mention this for two reasons: 1) If I started now, I'd have plenty of time to get it done. 2) There are strict rules for cosplay competitions, so in the event that the group competed, you'd have to be able to say that the costume was made by yourself or someone in our group.

I will clarify that I am not against you buying this costume because, like I said, it is exceptionally well made. Go for it! I just think it's pretty pricey. Again, I have to say, it's all up to you, because I don't want to be a nagging control freak! lol I'd honestly be thrilled just to have a group, period! As long as we look good, that's all that matters. (This is the cosplay addict in me speaking. Once that first photo is snapped, you're addicted. There's no turning back!!)

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
well to me cosplay is about dressing up as one of your favorite characters and having fun. The whole reason I don't make my own costumes is for the simple fact that "I couldn't sew to save my life" that is correct if I were told by some all powerful being to sew something or I will die, I would turn to it and say take me now. However getting someone else in "the group" to do it for me. That I am not against. Though it does mean i will have to be measured. Also I have seen some of the work that cosplay magic does at a halloween party. They use some real good material. it was an Ichigo Kurosaki soul reaper outfit and it was well done and very durable.

View user profile

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
You wouldn't believe the talent and resources lurking under the thin facade of this forum. There's a cosplay junkie or two with some experience under their belts who are willing to help out. Usually.

It definitely is about having fun! Just ignore the vicious cosplay oni that resides in my body.

Though it does mean i will have to be measured.

...I could tell some interesting stories.

My final word: If you would like to be in the group, I have no issues with the cosmag.com prefab, because like I said, it really is well made. As long as everyone looks good and has fun, that's all that matters to me. ^_^

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

14Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Re: Because cosplay had to happen here. on 6/21/2009, 10:57 pm

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
well is competeing not the reason you are getting the group together? granted while cosplaying is suppose to be all about having fun what better way to prove you are having fun by winning the whole shabang? right? like i said i have no problems having someone make it for me. heck i would be willing to pay for the supplies to make it and even go with (when i can. stupid overworking K roger.) but yeah i am more than willing to play shigure and i have someone in mind to play kyo if you don't already have someone? granted he is a bit on the tall side but still over all he has the "kyo quality" to him lol.

View user profile

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Competing is fun, and I mentioned it was a possibility, but it's not my main goal. My main goal is, as you said, to have fun! ^_^ Like Nutmeg mentioned, she and some varied and sundry friends had a FB group at MTAC 6, and with very few exceptions, the group was fail. I'd like to have a great group!!

We can has Kyo? I must meet this mysterious, tall, cantankerous person! When next there is an outing with friends we have in common, you must bring him, if possible. Also, see if he's interested and willing.

So. You are Shigure? Can I mark him off the list as found? ^_^

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

Nutmeg1992

Nutmeg1992
Modular
I could Probably Find an Adorable little boy to be our beloved Sheep, My Friend Kim has two little Brothers, We can just Pick one. ;D

I have Some Pictures of Some characters I'm going to be Cosplaying As, Hopefully one of these Days.
First up:
Tsumugi From K-On:
Because cosplay had to happen here. K-On
Because cosplay had to happen here. K-On2
Because cosplay had to happen here. K-On3
Because cosplay had to happen here. K-On4

Honey (from Ouran High School Host Club)
Because cosplay had to happen here. OuranHoney4

The Pretear of Sound (From Pretear):
Because cosplay had to happen here. PretearofSound6

Azmaria (from Chrono Crusade):
Because cosplay had to happen here. KikiseeingRyou

Ichigo (From Toyko Mew mew):
Because cosplay had to happen here. Mewmew14

Parapara (From Sailor Moon SuperS):
Because cosplay had to happen here. Parra-Parra
Sailor Venus, Mercury and Mini Moon (From Sailor Moon):
Because cosplay had to happen here. Sailor_Venus_01
Because cosplay had to happen here. Amy
Because cosplay had to happen here. ChibiusaandHelios
Sailor Luna (Live Action Sailor Moon):
Because cosplay had to happen here. SailorLunaresized



Last edited by nutmeg1992 on 6/23/2009, 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edit my cosplay pictures)


_________________
WARNING! I'M the ONE and ONLY Catgirl.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Megnutmegsig-1
So don't mess with this kitty, Fother Muckers!
View user profile http://gorillaz-23.darkbb.com/

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
Having Hiro would be great! We'll consider the idea of this unfortunate little brother.

That group you were talking about the other day- Tokyo MewMew, right? When is this happening?

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
yes shigure is found. (I just hope we don't find an ayame. because i don't want to do any yaoi acting lol)

View user profile

19Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Re: Because cosplay had to happen here. on 6/23/2009, 10:37 am

Nutmeg1992

Nutmeg1992
Modular
therish wrote:Having Hiro would be great! We'll consider the idea of this unfortunate little brother.

That group you were talking about the other day- Tokyo MewMew, right? When is this happening?

Well I'm Actually hoping to get it together in 2012. Which is a scary thought because I'll be 20 by that time. O_O;;

EDIT: I've found you a Kagura! My friend Julia said that she would Love to do a Fruits basket Group, and when I told her about the one you wanted to do, she Asked what Characters there were, And I said She'd fit best as Kagura, and now she's already looking into making the Costume and the Backpack!


_________________
WARNING! I'M the ONE and ONLY Catgirl.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Megnutmegsig-1
So don't mess with this kitty, Fother Muckers!
View user profile http://gorillaz-23.darkbb.com/

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
M_R_Wiley wrote:yes shigure is found. (I just hope we don't find an ayame. because i don't want to do any yaoi acting lol)

...It is my personal mission to find Ayame. How about a chick pretending to be an effeminate man?


@Nutmeg: YAY!!!! KAGURA! And yes, you will be 20 by 2012. Stop making me feel old.

Oh, P.S. Do you claim Momiji, or do you want another character? Thought just crossed my mind to ask you.

P.P.S. Tossed the idea to G-chan. No reply to text yet, but I'm sure she'll be in. I'm crossing my fingers that she'll be Rin because she's PERFECT for her. Year of the Horse? Yeah. ^__^

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

21Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Re: Because cosplay had to happen here. on 6/23/2009, 10:26 pm

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
Now that I could deal with because it wouldn't be so weird. However if it is a guy *shivers* I don't think i could do it.

View user profile

22Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Re: Because cosplay had to happen here. on 6/23/2009, 11:22 pm

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
I must admit, it would be entertaining.

I'm imagining it right now. Razz

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

M_R_Wiley

M_R_Wiley
junkie
There would be alot of me running ans screaming in terror even though my character wouldn't normally be doing so.

View user profile

24Because cosplay had to happen here. Empty Re: Because cosplay had to happen here. on 6/24/2009, 10:43 am

Nutmeg1992

Nutmeg1992
Modular
therish wrote:Oh, P.S. Do you claim Momiji, or do you want another character? Thought just crossed my mind to ask you.

DUUUUUUUUDE, I Am So totally Momiji, So YES, I AM MOMIJI! HEAR ME RAWR!!!!


_________________
WARNING! I'M the ONE and ONLY Catgirl.
Because cosplay had to happen here. Megnutmegsig-1
So don't mess with this kitty, Fother Muckers!
View user profile http://gorillaz-23.darkbb.com/

therish

therish
Epic Win
Epic Win
M_R_Wiley wrote:There would be alot of me running ans screaming in terror even though my character wouldn't normally be doing so.

And the thought makes me smile. I am truly evil. Twisted Evil

@Nutmeg: YAY MOMIJI!! This means I have to be Tohru, because we have the Tohru/Momiji dynamics going on. cat <3 albino

View user profile http://therish.deviantart.com

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Similar topics

-

» Kanis' Cosplay Pics + Vids

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum